Are you running out of ideas for healthy kids snacks? Everywhere I looked all I could find was things I had to bake! Sure, healthy fruit muffins and cookies are a winner, but sometimes you just don’t have time. So here are my go to snacks for healthy kids
No cook – Quick Kids Snack Ideas:
- Air Popped Popcorn with organic butter, Nutritional Yeast and Sea Salt
- Kefir or drinkable yogurt
- Yogurt with Frozen organic cherries or strawberries and a bit of maple syrup to sweeten it, the frozen berries keeps the yogurt cold as an added bonus or fresh fruit is lovely when you have it.
- Fruits, cut up and mixed to look beautiful together like apples, strawberries and blueberries or whole – a banana is always a winner in our house. You can send that in with a mini-dish of peanut butter.
- Veggies: Cucumbers, celery and carrots cut as sticks with hummus, Ranch dressing or guacamole or just a little sea salt.
- Nuts (when there aren’t kids with allergies), salted, maple roasted, tamari, have your kids try a variety of nuts and find out which ones they like and choose those. Mix them with granola and dark chocolate for a trail mix.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Apple sauce (make it yourself or watch sugar levels – definitely buy this organic)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Make your own Lunchables, roll up nitrate free deli meats and cut up your kids favorite cheeses
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Granola, dark chocolate and dried berries – YUM
- Cracker and Cheese mini-sandwiches
- Yogurt Smoothies, take the same frozen fruit, maple syrup and organic yogurt and blend it for a lovely drink. If you need to keep it extra cool, add a couple of frozen strawberries after blending.