2017 Travers Day at Saratoga Race Course
148th Travers Stakes In Saratoga Springs: Aug 26, 2017
TRAVERS STAKES | PURSE: $1.25 MILLION | GRADE 1 | 3-YEAR-OLDS | 1 1/4 MILES
- Date: Saturday, August 26
- Gates Open: 7:00 am
- First Post Time: 11:35 am
- General Admission: $10 in advance; $15 day-of
- Clubhouse Admission: $25
- Related Links:
The Grade 1, $1,250,000 Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course will be run on August 26, 2017. Dating back to 1864, this one-and-a-quarter-mile "Midsummer Derby" for three year olds is the oldest major thoroughbred race in America -- not to mention one of the biggest events in Saratoga Springs!
2017 Travers Day Featured Races:
A stacked line-up of popular stakes races and huge purse hikes will make the 2017 Travers Day a can't-miss event!
- Travers presented by NYRA Bets (G1) $1,250,000 -- 148th running of the Mid-Summer Derby for 3-year-olds
- Sword Dancer (G1) $1,000,000
- Personal Ensign (G1) $700,000
- Forego (G1) $600,000
- H. Allen Jerkens Memorial (G1) $500,000
- Ketel One Ballerina (G1) $500,000
- Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa (G2) $400,000
2017 Travers Stakes Draw
This information is current as of 8/23/17.
The much talked about Travers Stakes is undoubtedly the most popular race throughout the Saratoga meet. Saratoga Springs even holds a weeklong Travers Festival leading up to the anticipated event.
Traffic will be heavy, parking might be scarce, and you can expect large crowds all enthusiastically making their way towards the track! Arrive early, pack a hearty breakfast (note: there is NO breakfast at the Track on Travers Day), tote a cooler, bring your favorite wine (see food and drink policies), and plan to make a day of it because you are there to witness Travers Day in Saratoga!
Looking for a place to stay for Travers Day? Check out lodging in Saratoga »