2019 Travers Day at Saratoga Race Course
150th Runhappy Travers In Saratoga Springs: Aug 24, 2019
TRAVERS STAKES | PURSE: $1.25 MILLION | GRADE 1 | 3-YEAR-OLDS | 1 1/4 MILES
- Date: Saturday, August 24
- Gates Open: TBA
- First Post Time: TBA
- General/Grandstand Admission: $10 in advance, $15 day-of
- Clubhouse Admission: $25
- Related Links:
The Grade 1 Runhappy Travers at Saratoga Race Course will be run on August 24, 2019. Dating back to 1864, this one-and-a-quarter-mile "Midsummer Derby" for three year olds is the oldest major thoroughbred race in America -- not to mention one of the biggest events in Saratoga Springs!
2019 Travers Day Featured Races:
A stacked line-up of popular stakes races and huge purse hikes will make the 2019 Travers Day a can't-miss event!
- Runhappy Travers (G1) $1,250,000 -- 150th running of the Mid-Summer Derby for 3-year-olds
- Sword Dancer (G1) $850,000
- Personal Ensign presented by Lia Infiniti (G1) $700,000
- Forego (G1) $600,000
- H. Allen Jerkens Memorial presented by Runhappy (G1) $500,000
- Ketel One Ballerina (G1) $500,000
- Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa (G2) $400,000
2018 Travers Stakes Draw (2019 Draw Will Be Added When Announced)
This information is current as of 8/22/18.
The much talked about Travers Stakes is undoubtedly the most popular race throughout the Saratoga meet. Saratoga Springs even holds a weeklong Travers Festival leading up to the anticipated event.
Traffic will be heavy, parking might be scarce, and you can expect large crowds all enthusiastically making their way towards the track! Arrive early, pack a hearty breakfast (note: there is NO breakfast at the Track on Travers Day), tote a cooler, bring your favorite wine (see food and drink policies), and plan to make a day of it because you are there to witness Travers Day in Saratoga!
Looking for a place to stay for Travers Day? Check out lodging in Saratoga »