This week there are a ton of events happening for families and kids in Saratoga, from holiday events, to winter celebrations, and even some good, old-fashioned fun, we have it all. You can check out all of our Mamatoga approved events on the Saratoga.com events calendar or visit Mamatoga.com for more information for families in Saratoga!
1. On Wednesday, December 14th, visit the Children’s Museum at Saratoga where they are warming up with their Winter Wonderland Tea Party from 2-3pm. Enjoy delicious hot cocoa, decorate holiday cookies and make beautiful snowflake ornaments to take home to your family! The cost is $6 for non-members and $3 for members. Pre-registration is required. To register for this event, please call 584-5540.
2. Saratoga Spa State Park has a great Scavenger Hunt going on between 11am and 12:30pm Thursday, December 15th. Enjoy some fresh air while you and your little ones are hunting around for specific items. A list will be given to every participant, but make sure to bring your creative side. All ages are welcome and registration is required. The cost is $3 per person or $5 for a family. Call 584-2000 extension 221 to register.
3. The Go! World Awareness Museum in Glens Falls has a great workshop for homeschoolers and all 6-12 year olds on Friday, December 16th called Art of the Samurai. Join artist Kimberly Leahey to learn about Bushido, the way of life of the Japanese Samurai. Children will use watercolors to paint in the style of the Samurai and will learn how to sign their painting using Japanese katakana symbols for their names. There is a $5 admission fee and a $5 program fee. Registration is required by calling 793-2773 by December 16th.
4. Visit Wilton Mall on Saturday, December 17th between 1pm and 3pm for their Wacky Holiday Bash. Radio Disney and Wilton Mall bring you this special Holiday event where children can wear their favorite holiday pajama outfit to receive a special Radio Disney prize! Kids can write a letter to Santa Claus, dance to all their favorite holiday tunes and play tons of fun holiday games to win great prizes! For more information, call 583-2138 or visit Saratoga.com events calendar.
5. On Sat, Dec 17th from 11am to 4pm visit with the famous Saratoga Santa at the Saratoga Winery. The kids can enjoy Christmas cookies and hot cocoa with The Saratoga Santa while you enjoy a wine tasting! C11am-1pm, live holiday music from hristmas cookies and hot cocoa from 11am-1pm. Pat Decker by the tree from 1pm-4pm, great discounts and more!