The Cheese Tour With Wine and Beer
The Cheese Tour is put on every year by the Washington County Cheesemakers' Guild, a small group of farmers and artisans in Eastern Upstate New York. Now in its 13th year, the tour is a self-guided celebration of handmade artisanal and farmstead cheeses and the farms where they are produced.
Each farm opens to the public and offers samplings, special products, and authentic experiences unique to life on a farm in Washington County.
- Wear easy-to-clean, closed, sturdy shoes. You may be asked to wash/clean your shoes prior to walking into livestock areas.
- Bring a cooler and ice packs to preserve your cheese purchases and other farm bounty found at farm stands along the tour route.
- Please do not enter unauthorized areas or pet farm animals unless invited to do so.
- Wear sunscreen, hats, and/or bug repellent as most activities are outside.
- For the safety and comfort of others, please do not bring dogs on the tour.
Stay tuned for more info!