Freihofer's Saratoga Jazz Festival 2018
June 23 & 24, 2018 in Saratoga Springs NY
If you love great jazz music and having fun, you don't want to miss the Freihofer's Saratoga Jazz Festival at SPAC. It's the most popular jazz festival in the area and one of the most anticipated events in Saratoga each summer!
More than 20 world-class jazz artists will take the stage at SPAC this year! The big-name acts at the Saratoga Jazz Festival perform all day long on the main stage (SPAC Amphitheatre), while the Charles R. Wood "Jazz Discovery" Stage features up-and-coming jazz artists, with performances trailing off in the early evening.
For the first time in festival history, performances on the Charles R. Wood "Jazz Discovery" Stage will begin at 11:00am on both Saturday and Sunday. Amphitheater Stage performances will begin at 3:00pm.
An exciting addition to this year's festival, acclaimed jazz producer Todd Barkan will be on hand as the featured host and D.J. Barkan was recently inducted into the 2018 class of NEA Jazz Masters, and at the festival, he will host selected sets of classic jazz music from former Jazz Festival artists who performed in Saratoga from 1978-1982. Look for him on the SPAC amphitheater apron from 10:00am - 1:30pm on both days.
Also new this year is "Saratoga Jazz Fest Friday," which will feature local musicians performing in various venues throughout Saratoga Springs. The goal is to celebrate the rich history of jazz in the region.
2018 Performer Lineup
June 23 - Amphitheatre:
- Chris Botti | 9:30PM - 11:00PM
- Herbie Hancock | 7:45PM - 9:00PM
- Lean on Me: José James Celebrates Bill Withers | 6:05PM - 7:15PM
- Joey Alexander Trio | 4:30PM - 5:40PM
- Anat Cohen Tentet | 3:00PM - 4:10PM
- Todd Barkan - DJ Set | 10:00AM - 1:30PM
June 23 - Charles R. Wood "Jazz Discovery" Stage:
- Lakecia Benjamin and SoulSquad | 6:10PM - 7:15PM
- Keyon Harrold | 4:45PM - 5:50PM
- Jazzmeia Horn | 3:20PM - 4:25PM
- Christian Sands Trio | 1:55PM - 3:00PM
- New Orleans @ 300 featuring Evan Christopher, Quiana Lynell, David Torkanowsky, Roland Guerin & Shannon Powell | 12:30PM - 1:35PM
- Alfredo Rodriguez & Pedrito Martinez Duo | 11:05AM - 12:10PM
June 24 - Amphitheatre:
- Jon Batiste with The Dap-Kings | 8:00PM - 9:30PM
- Gregory Porter | 6:10PM - 7:25PM
- Mavis Staples | 4:35PM - 5:45PM
- TEN Trio featuring Terri Lyne Carrington, Esperanza Spalding, Nicholas Payton | 3:00PM - 4:10PM
- Todd Barkan - DJ Set | 10:00AM - 1:30PM
June 24 - Charles R. Wood "Jazz Discovery" Stage:
- Scott Sharrad | 6:15PM - 7:20PM
- Jane Bunnett & Maqueque | 4:45PM - 5:50PM
- Deva Mahal | 3:15PM - 4:20PM
- The Jazz Passengers 30th Anniversary | 1:50PM - 2:50PM
- Mark Whitfield, Ben Allison, Billy Drummond | 12:25PM - 1:25PM
- Sammy Miller & The Congregation | 11:05AM - 12:05PM
PLEASE NOTE: Artist lineup subject to change. Programs will be available the day of the event.
Ticket holders can enter at either the main SPAC gate or Hall of Springs gate.
Tickets will be available for purchase via phone charge at 518-584-9330 and in-person at SPAC's Box Office. Online tickets are available starting Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:00am.
Single Day Adult
- Orchestra Pit: $105.00
- Sections 1-7; Boxes: $95.00
- Sections 8-12; 15; Front 16-17: $85.00
- Sections 13-14; Rear 16-17; 18-30: $75.00
- Lawn (General Admission): $65.00
2-Day Pass Adult*
- Orchestra Pit: $190.00
- Sections 1-7; Boxes: $170.00
- Sections 8-12; 15; Front 16-17: $150.00
- Sections 13-14; Rear 16-17; 18-30: $130.00
- Lawn (General Admission): $110.00
*2-day pass discounts expire June 1, 2018
**Children ages 15 and under are free on the lawn
***$20 student tickets are available online and in-person at the box office. Student tickets are only valid with school-issued ID at time of entrance (valid in sections 13-14; 18-30)
****$20 children's amphitheater tickets, for kids aged 15 and under, are available online and in-person at the box office (excludes pit seats)
*****$3 facility fee per ticket applies
People start lining up long before the gates open (we're talking 6 am or earlier) to get a prime spot. If you don't want to stand in line all morning, just throw some binoculars into your bag, and you're good to go.
Coolers are allowed, and you can bring all the food and drink with you that you would like! Jazz Festival is a BYOB event and a great opportunity to enjoy a picnic on the SPAC lawn with friends and family.
If you get lawn tickets, we recommend bringing blankets to sit on, food and drinks for the day, beach chairs, and umbrellas or tents to help you stay comfortable through the day-long festivities.
All photos provided by Saratoga Performing Arts Center