Lodging > Saratoga Travel Tips:
Read the tips below to prepare for your vacation, what to look for in pet friendly lodging and fun things to do with your pets in and around Saratoga Springs NY. For a local dog lovers opinion, check out the Dog Days of Saratoga
- Prep for the drive. Before you get ready to go on your excursion, make sure your pet is ready for the car ride. If your pet hasn't been on many rides, take a few shorter trips around the town to get used to the experience BEFORE the long drive.
- Choose the right accommodations. There are a handful of different Saratoga lodging establishments to choose that allow pets - from hotels, vacation rentals to bed and breakfasts! Think about what kind of lodging your pet will need when making your decision.
- Be wary of fees. Ask up front if there are any additional pet-fees or deposits before making your reservation.
- Find out what services are offered. Check to see if your pet friendly lodging of choice offers any additional pet services, ie: pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, etc...
- See where you will be staying. Ask the hotel receptionist if the "pet friendly" rooms are special. Sometimes, hotels limit the pet friendly rooms to ones that only offer smoking or are designated to the rooms with limited views.
Traveling with Pets In Saratoga
You've found the perfect Saratoga lodging that caters to your pet, now it's time to have fun! There are many excursions and activities you can do with your pets. Here are a few Saratoga.com suggestions:
- Check out the Pet Boutiques in Saratoga. These specialty shops caters just to pets and are loaded with goodies and accessories.
- Take your pet to the park! Both Congress Park and Saratoga Spa State Golf Course allow pets on leashes. Let your pet sniff, play, run and get some sun.