As the first heated pool in the U.S., the Victoria Pool in Saratoga Spa State Park has a rich and colorful history in Saratoga Springs, and was frequented by the rich and famous!
Victoria Pool 2020 Hours:
- Open Daily: July 3 - September 7, 2020, from 10:00am-6:00pm
2020 Vehicle Entrance Fee Into Saratoga Spa State Park:
- $10 per vehicle
- Special event vehicle use fee: $10
- Non-profit buses: $35
- Commercial buses: $75
- Non-profit seasonal bus permit: $150
- May 2 - 23, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (weekends)
- May 23 - September 7, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (daily, except for special events)
- September 7 - October 12, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (weekends and holidays)
2020 Victoria Pool Admission Costs:
Note: The pool admission costs are in addition to the vehicle fee into Saratoga Spa State Park
- Adults: $8.00
- Children (5-11 yrs): $4.00
- Children (under 5 yrs): No Charge
- Seniors (62 yrs & older, NYS Resident): $4.00 *$8 fee weekends & holidays
2020 Social Distancing Guidelines for the Pools
For the 2020 season, the Victoria Pool and the Peerless Pool are operating at a reduced capacity. Guests are asked to stay home if you are sick or have recently visited a state with a surge in the coronavirus.
The following social distancing guidelines are also in effect:
- Visitors will be asked to sign-in with contact information to enable potential contact tracing measures.
- Pool capacity will be limited to 50 percent to help maintain 6-feet of distance in the water between swimmers who are not members of the same household or family unit.
- Lounge chairs, benches, and picnic tables will be kept 10-feet apart from others.
- Face coverings or masks must be worn at all times in interior building spaces, including partially enclosed or covered outdoor areas; and at times outside (except in the pool) if social distancing cannot or is unlikely to be maintained.
- No group gatherings of 10 people or more will be allowed.
- For more info, contact the park directly at (518) 584-2535.
About the Victoria Pool:
Built in 1935, the pool complex was joyously received by the public and happy visitors reclined in lawn chairs and on towels surrounded by blue tile and colorful umbrellas. NY Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt became a strong proponent of the healthful environment of Saratoga Springs. He actively supported the building of Victoria Pool as part of an overall hydrotherapy program in combination with ‘taking the cure’ at the baths and mineral springs of Saratoga.
The architecture of Victoria Pool and surrounding buildings is simply amazing. Built in a traditional style of architecture with classic brick structures graced by arched colonnades, the pool also features a spectacular limestone deck and lion water spouts.
The Victoria Pool reopened in 2005 after going through an extensive renovation, returning it to its pristine condition. The pool's original boilers are too costly to run, so the pool is unheated until an alternative energy source is found. For now, you can enjoy the comfort of its cool water amid the historic architecture for which it is so renowned. Showers, lockers, and restrooms are available.