As the first heated pool in the U.S., the Victoria Pool in Saratoga Spa State Park has a rich and colorful history in Saratoga Springs, and was frequented by the rich and famous!
Editor's Note (6/1/2020 10:00AM): Saratoga Spa State Park has not decided on the 2020 pool dates/hours. We will update this page when information is released.
Victoria Pool 2019 Hours:
- May 25 through May 27, 10am to 6pm
- May 28 through June 21, 10am to 6pm (weekends only)
- June 22 through September 2, 10am to 6pm
2019 Vehicle Entrance Fee into Saratoga Spa State Park:
- $10 per vehicle
- Special event vehicle use fee: $10
- Non-profit buses: $35
- Commercial buses: $75
- Non-profit seasonal bus permit: $150
Fees are collected at the toll booths on:
- May 4 - May 19, weekends
- May 25 - September 2, daily, 8:30am - 4:30pm (except for special events)
- September 7 - October 7, weekends and holidays
2019 Victoria Pool Admission Costs:
Note: The pool admission costs are in addition to the vehicle fee into Saratoga Spa State Park
- Adults: $8.00
- Children (5-11 yrs): $4.00
- Children (under 5 yrs): No Charge
- Seniors (62 yrs & older, NYS Resident): $4.00 *$8 fee weekends & holidays
About the Victoria Pool:
Built in 1935, the pool complex was joyously received by the public and happy visitors reclined in lawn chairs and on towels surrounded by blue tile and colorful umbrellas. NY Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt became a strong proponent of the healthful environment of Saratoga Springs. He actively supported the building of Victoria Pool as part of an overall hydrotherapy program in combination with ‘taking the cure’ at the baths and mineral springs of Saratoga.
The architecture of Victoria Pool and surrounding buildings is simply amazing. Built in a traditional style of architecture with classic brick structures graced by arched colonnades, the pool also features a spectacular limestone deck and lion water spouts.
The Victoria Pool reopened in 2005 after going through an extensive renovation, returning it to its pristine condition. The pool's original boilers are too costly to run, so the pool is unheated until an alternative energy source is found. For now, you can enjoy the comfort of its cool water amid the historic architecture for which it is so renowned. Showers, lockers, and restrooms are available.