Only a Few Tickets Remain For SaratogaArtsFest’s All Hallows’ Eve Dracula Masquerade
TRANSILVANIA SPRINGS – Now, I don’t want to spook ya’, but even though it’s still light out – its time to make your move…
… for only a few tickets remain for SaratogaArtsFest’s (SAF) All Hallows Eve extravaganza. Capped at 160 necks, to assure that attendees have a completely immersive and ghoulish experience, those that attended last years Masquerade Ball (and lived to tell of it!) can attest that this is an evening that shouldn’t be missed.
Once again, the historic Canfield Casino shall be the site for the mayhem to ensue, and shall be repurposed into an elegant, gothic space in the spirit of Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Reflecting the immersive, theatrical nature of all SaratogaArtsFest events, the black tie gala will feature live interactive drama, as well as a delectable feast (once again provided by Kim Klopstock) and dancing.
In order to obtain the most comprehensive information for my readers, I took the liberty of kidnapping SAF’s Artistic Director Nicole Coady, and while she stretched out on one of my torture racks, offered up these elements in order to urge you to action today:
– There will be a secret vampire coven within the event called the Solomonari. Beware: As a guest, you might be drafted into this coven (watch out for the ‘blood cocktail’ – for it is hardly Kool Aid,) so for those who dare resist, you are advised to keep some garlic and maybe a few crosses nearby….
– Guests will be offered “Holy Water” cocktails and the sit down dinner will be a blood red beet and chèvre salad to start, and ossobuco as the main dish – all courtesy of Lily and the Rose. There will be a very special surprise desert. (Hint, it might have something to do with a vampire wedding)!
– The Dance Museum’s School of the Arts will be providing a wonderful group of dancers, choreographed by Joan Kilgore.
– Our 3 Brides of Dracula, as well as our Mina Harker, will be played by dancers from the Skidmore Dance Department and their choreography will be created by Eric Otto, who recently joined the faculty of the Skidmore Dance Department.
– Dracula will be played by Jonathan Albert, who has taught drama at Union College, was a part of the Actor’s Studio in NYC, and is a force within the immersive theater scene in the Capital Region.
– Jonathan Harker is played by Alex Timmis of MOPCO improv theater company. He’s another real pro with a background in improv.
– Lucy Westrenra is coming up from NYC and her name is: Andrea Figliomeni.
– Last, but not least, the stars of The Adventures of Snow White + Rose Red, Callista and Demetra Zorbas will be making an appearance and showing off their gift for singing at the event.
So there you have it – it is time to “take wing” and scoop up one of the few remaining “dungeon ducats.” Click HERE – if you dare!
October 17, 2018