Opera Saratoga To Hit Only High Notes in Next Sunday’s Gourmet Benefit
ROCK CITY FALLS – Join Opera Saratoga for a Wine Tasting Recital, featuring a selection of exceptional wines from The Thirsty Owl, each paired with delicious savory and sweet delicacies created by The Mansion Inn’s executive chef Rick Bieber, all while enjoying a program of opera and song chosen to pair perfectly with each of the tasting selections!
The Sunday afternoon event will be co-hosted by Josh Cupp, general manager of The Thirsty Owl, and Larry Edelson, artistic and general Director of Opera Saratoga. Discover a wonderful variety of wines produced in upstate New York, while enjoying a musical program featuring distinguished alumni of Opera Saratoga’s Young Artist Program.
Here’s the seven-course tasting menu!
(All wines are from Thirsty Owl Winery, Ovid, NY)
1st Course: House made ricotta cheese on grilled sourdough crostini, topped with speck, figs, local honey
> Wine: 2016 Dry Riesling: A summer white with bright, citrus aromas. Just enough sweetness to display lively notes of nectarine, with a crisp finish.
2nd Course: Porcini Mushroom Risotto with Ricotta Salata
> Wine: 2016 Chardonnay: Aromas of tangy green apple, medium-bodied with mild oak. Fruity flavors are balanced by a light, buttery mouth feel and a lively finish.
3nd Course: Blackened Diver Scallop over sweet corn succotash topped with a citrus gastrique
> Wine: Pinot Gris: Flavors of pineapple, pear and a hint of green melon with a light, dry finish.
4th Course: Maple Leaf Farms Duck Confit Spring Roll served with a black cherry chutney, Asian slaw
> Wine: Pinot Noir: Flavors of strawberry and red currant, accented by hints of oak and earthy undertones. A lively Pinot with a polished finish.
5th Course: Short Rib Ravioli, gorgonzola fondue over a bed of rocket
> Wine: Meritage: A blend of three “noble” Bordeaux varieties with a rich, smooth and flavorful mouth-feel, featuring a clean, elegant finish. 42 percent Cabernet Sauvignon. 50 percent Cabernet Franc. 8 percent Malbec.
6th Course: Apple Cider Donut Bite with Cinnamon Gelato
> Wine: 2014 Apple Wine: Light, fruity and crisp. A blend of five apple varieties, all from local orchards.
7th course: Dark Chocolate Truffle Torte with raspberry coulis
> Wine: 2013 Vinte – Batch 2: Flavors of honey, raspberry and cranberry combine against a background of luxurious oak in this rich, port-style dessert wine. Aged 39 months. 54 percent Chancellor/46 percent Cabernet Sauvignon.
Net proceeds will benefit Opera Saratoga’s Education and Community Engagement Program. Each ticket includes a $50 tax-deductible donation to Opera Saratoga.
Tickets are $85 per person, and registration is strictly limited to 100 attendees. Get yours HERE.
Sun, September 23
4 – 5:30 pm
The Mansion Inn is located at 801 NY SR 29 Rock City Falls
– about seven miles west of Saratoga Springs