Saratoga Racetrack Dress Code
Dress Code & Traditions at The Racetrack in Saratoga
The dress code varies at the Saratoga Springs Racetrack depending on where you are planning to sit. Regular grandstand dress code policy is very casual, and most people wear t-shirts, shorts, tanktops, etc., but there are also some strict dress code policies at the track where you are required to dress more conservatively.
The summer hats and sundresses of yesteryear are still very much a tradition at this famed racetrack. Even when not required, many choose to honor these cherished traditions when heading to the track.
Here are the basic rules for dress code currently in place at Saratoga Race Course during the 2019 season.
- Grandstand: Informal attire. Shirts and shoes required.
- Clubhouse: No short shorts, cut-offs, tank tops or abbreviated wear.
- Luxury Suites: No abbreviated wear and no tank tops for Gentlemen.
- Box Seats: No jeans, shorts or abbreviated wear permitted. Gentlemen: suits or sports jackets required (ties are not required). Ladies: dresses, skirts or slack outfits.
- The Porch, Club Terrace & The Easy Goer: Gentlemen: No tank tops; no short shorts, cut-offs or abbreviated wear. Proper attire at management's discretion.
- Turf Terrace: Neat Casual Attire. Gentlemen: collared shirts required. No shorts, t-shirts or jeans. Ladies: dresses, skirts, or slack outfits. Management at the racetrack reserves the right to use discretion of neat casual attire.
If you are not sure what to wear, please contact the Race Course directly.
Want to share this graphic? You are welcome to do so if you credit Saratoga.com as the source with a link back to this page.