Food & Drink at Saratoga Race Course
Editor's Note (9/10/2020): 2020's summer meet at Saratoga Race Course took place without spectators in attendance. The information below reflects 2020, but we will update it with 2021 details as soon as they are released by the New York Racing Association (NYRA).
Coolers, Wine, Food & Drink Tips for the 2019 Track Season
Due to the 2020 season opening without spectators in attendance, the New York Racing Association (NYRA) hasn't announced any information regarding dining at the track. The below information is from the 2019 season and is kept here for reference purposes.
Breakfast at the Track was available each morning of the 2019 season from 7am - 9:30am on the Porch of the Clubhouse with the horses running their morning workouts and tours running throughout the morning. There was no Clubhouse breakfast served on Travers Day.
Coolers no larger than 12"x18" were permitted on the trackside apron, the Top of the Stretch, and in the backyard picnic area. Visitors could feel free to pack up some sandwiches, snacks, and plenty to drink for a long, hot day in the sun. (Coolers are subject to search by NYRA).
Glass was prohibited, any drinks or condiments, including alcoholic beverages, would need to be transferred into plastic containers to take along.
Full-Service Dining Options
Full-service dining options at the track in 2019 included:
- The Turf Terrace Dining Room - A la carte menu - 3rd & 4th floor of the Clubhouse
- The Club Terrace - Appetizers, salads and sandwiches - 2nd floor of the Clubhouse (behind box seats)
- The Porch - Casual dining featuring a la carte menu - Track level of the Clubhouse
For 2019 dining reservations at The Turf Terrace, The Club Terrace, and The Porch, guests had to follow these instructions:
- Create an account through the new online reservation system TOCK
- Dining reservations begin at 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Call a NYRA Hopsitality Dining Specialist at 888-516-6972 if you have any questions
Hospitality areas at the track include:
- Easy Goer (Formerly The Upper Carousel) - Inside the Grandstand
- Curlin Cafe - Behind the winner's circle
- Top of the Stretch - At the final turn with rail-side access
- The Stretch - Featuring a two-tiered dining area
- 1863 Club (Luxury Suites) - On the Clubhouse turn
To reserve any of the aforementioned hospitality areas in 2019:
- Contact the NYRA Box Office at (844) 697-2849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Availability is limited.
Mobile Concession Orders
Mobile ordering at select Saratoga Race Course concessions was available through the NYRA XP app. The app could also be used to purchase merchandise from the Saratoga Silks shop.
To order, fans could simply select the "Shop" tab for Saratoga Race Course, click "Order Food and Merchandise," and then "Express Pickup." Once you've selected your items and paid, all you'd have to do is go to the concession stand's XP Express Pickup line and provide your order number from the app.