It’s the eve of 9/11/11, and, like most of the world’s citizens–I have many thoughts about the day and the significance thereof.
I refuse to give sway to the notion that I am living in a fantasy land. I may be many things, but naive isn’t one of them.
* Or my other friend in Iraq, an equine veterinarian for whom I pray also every day. His kindness is felt half-way around the world.
* The beautiful, kind horsewoman/royal, who serves as an example of intercultural understanding for everyone whose lives she touches–her love for humans and all animals is almost heartbreaking.
* The young men and women from Jordan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Tunisia–who sweetly wear their hearts on their sleeves, and share poetry and thoughts about the Meaning of Life.
* My brilliant horseman/ publisher/writer/PR genius friend from Sweden, who hooked me up with the most exciting project of my Life.
* Bill from New York, who’s now in Hong Kong and blessing their horse racing scene with his insight and savvy.
* Susan and scores of others in the UK.
* Carmel, the author whose literary stars are Arabian horses–and the other great women in Oz.