Spend a Romantic Day in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga is full of romance in every season. There are many luxurious lodging options, great romance packages and countless Saratoga spas to give you and your significant other the pampering of a lifetime. So whether it's an upcoming anniversary, birthday, honeymoon, marriage proposal, Valentine's Day, another special occassion... or even "just because" you can't go wrong with a romantic getaway to Saratoga!
Looking for some ideas of things to do to celebrate your romance in Saratoga? We have pulled together a good list here for you to get you started:
- Take a Romantic Stroll. Take time to slow down and enjoy each other on a stroll through Congress Park. The park is brimming with beauty in all seasons and makes the perfect backdrop for a couples photo if you ask a passerby to snap a photo of the two of you. You could also pop into an art gallery on Broadway or Beekman Street or check out an exhibit at one of the countless Saratoga museums - you decide.
- Go Shopping. Peruse through the many shops in downtown Saratoga for one-of-a-kind treasures to bring back home and remember your special occasion. Need ideas? Stop into one of Saratoga's specialty foods and sweets shops to sample delicious goodies or browse through one of the many boutiques!
- Need a pick me up? Grab a latte, cocoa or cup of coffee at a Uncommon Grounds or Saratoga Coffee Traders (both on Broadway). Looking for a hot toddy? Try Bailey's on Putnam Street for a large selection of specialty drinks!
- Take a scenic drive. Check out the gorgeous and historic Victorian homes in the city of Saratoga Springs. Must See Streets:
- North Broadway
- Lake Avenue (between Broadway and East Ave)
- Circular Street (Batcheller Mansion Inn)
- Union Ave (home of the Saratoga Race Course)
- East Ave (between Union and Lake)
- Nelson Ave (between Union and Lake)
- 5th Ave
- Madison Ave.
- Caroline Street (particularly between Regent St and East Ave)
- Relax at the Spa. There is no better way to wind down after an eventful day than a mineral bath at a spa in Saratoga. Men and women alike love enjoying the rich mineral waters of Saratoga Springs. After all, that is one reason the Spa City is so famous! An attendant will bring you into your own room, where you can soak in a mineral and oil infused tub to soak away the stresses of everyday life. You will come out feeling relaxed and rejuvenated!
Suggestions: Roosevelt Baths and Spa in Spa State Park or Massage At Saratoga.
- Candlelit Meal for Two at a Saratoga Restaurant. No matter what kind of ambiance you are going for, there are a variety of different types of eateries in Spa City. Check out all of the eateries in Saratoga and don't forget to call ahead and make reservations!
- Romantic Night In. Rekindle your romance at a sophisticated Saratoga hotel or lovely bed and breakfast. A lot of hotels offer special romance packages throughout the year with special amenities like flowers, chocolates, champagne and even coupons for a massage or spa treatment. View lodging specials or browse our lodging section for more options.