Located off I-87, between Lake George and Saratoga Springs. West Mountain offers learn-to-lessons, alpine racing, night skiing and snow tubing in the winter and tree top aerial adventures and mountain biking from spring into fall.
West Mountain is open on weekends only from September 12 - October 18, 2020 for mountain biking, hiking, mountaintop picnic packages, and aerial treetop adventure park excursions.
Spring, Summer & Fall at West Mountain
West Mountain’s 5-Acre Tree Top Aerial Adventure Park consists of six trails at the top of the Mountain. Course features include: a flying trapeze, a spider web, climbing wall, rolling vine, log wave, floating raft, zip lines and more.
West Mountain’s Bike Park has over 20 miles of cross-country and downhill trails suitable for adults and children. Lessons, guide services, and rentals are also available.
For those looking to take in the stunning views, enjoy a scenic chairlift ride overlooking the Hudson River Valley, Lake George and the beautiful mountains of Vermont. Offered in the spring, summer, and fall.
- AERIAL TREETOP ADVENTURE PARK. Ticket Prices: $35 (Youth U12), $49 (13+) *Prices includes all six courses. Pre-book online at https://westmountain.com/aerial-adventures/ 24 hours in advance. Open Daily M-Su, 9A-3P – last chair at 1p. West Mountain’s five-acre Aerial Treetop Adventure offers six (6) high ropes courses for all different ability levels. The park is situated at the peak of West Mountain and is nestled in amongst the trees. It is accessible by the West Express chairlift. Guests age 7 and up are invited to come and test their skills on various courses ranging in skill level from beginner to advanced. Adventurers will be met by the West Mountain climbing crew who will outfit guests with helmets and harnesses before participating in a safety clinic. Adventurers will then climb up to a treetop platform to begin their journey through rope spider webs, zip lines, log waves and more. The Aerial Treetop Adventure includes a variety of climbing, swinging and zipping challenges. Each trail can take approximately 12-15 minutes to complete, aside from the black trail which has the highest difficulty. The park is designed for adventurers ages 7 and older, and all ability levels are welcome. Climbers should be at least 55 inches tall (approx. 4 1/2 feet) in order to reach the clip/unclip points throughout the park. Maximum weight limit is 265 pounds.
- *NEW* – MOUNTAINTOP PICNIC PACKAGES. Ticket Prices: $25 (Youth U12), $35 (13+) Pre-book online at https://westmountain.com/mountain-top-picnic-packages/ 24 hours in advance. Open Daily M-Su. 11a-2p What’s better than some fresh air and a Mountaintop picnic? Introducing West Mountain’s all-new Mountaintop Picnic Packages including a scenic chair ride to the top complete with a picnic lunch basket and blanket. All lunches come with a choice of sandwich, bag of chips, apple, large cookie, and a bottled water packaged beautifully in an eco-friendly box. Enjoy picnicking while taking in the stunning views of the Adirondack and Vermont mountains and the Hudson River Valley region. Picnic packages must be pre-booked online and 24 hours in advance. Mountaintop Picnic Lunch Options includes a sandwich (with choice or wrap, white or wheat bread), a bag of chips, apple, large cookie, and a bottled water. Additional beverages (soda and juice) and alcohol (wine, beer & spiked seltzer) can be purchased separately on site.
- Summer 2020 Picnic Menu:
- Vegetable wrap (GF)- Peppers, Carrots, Cucumbers, Lettuce and Tomato with an herbed cream cheese.
- Turkey and Cheddar Sandwich- Roasted turkey, local cheddar, with lettuce and tomato
- Honey Ham and Swiss Sandwich- Honey ham, local Swiss cheese, with lettuce and tomato
- Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwich- Roast beef, aged cheddar with lettuce and tomato
- Kids PB&J Sandwich- strawberry jam with peanut butter
- Summer 2020 Picnic Menu:
- SCENIC CHAIRLIFT & HIKING. Ticket Prices: $10 (Youth U12), $15 (13+) Buy online at https://westmountain.com/scenic-lift-rides/ or purchase tickets at West Mountain. Open Daily M-Su., 9a-3p Take the chairlift to the top to take in stunning views of the Adirondack and Vermont Mountains, and the Hudson River Valley region. Enjoy hiking on the “Crow’s Nest” trail to the Hudson River overlook. Hikers can also take the chairlift back down to the base area or they can follow the “Slideshow” trail down the mountain to the Base Lodge. Hikers are welcome to hike on the regular ski trails with access band. Hiking Trail Map: https://westmountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/XC-Hiking-and-Biking-Map-with-Key-2020.pdf
- MOUNTAIN BIKING & TRAIL RIDING ACCESS. Ticket Prices: $20 (Youth U12), $30 (13+) Buy online at https://westmountain.com/mountain-biking/ or purchase tickets at West Mountain. Open Daily M-Su., 9a-3p West Mountain’s Bike Park has over 20 miles of trails miles for amazing cross-country and downhill riding. New this season, riders can expect to see more bumps, jumps, bridges and new trail signage. Riders are welcome to bring their own bikes. West Mountain offers a limited inventory of mountain bike rentals.
- APEX SUMMER PASS. Ticket Prices: $199 Buy online at https://westmountain.com/season-passes/ or by calling 518-636-3699 ext. 0 Summer adventurers are invited to enjoy West Mountain’s summer activities all summer long. Enjoy full access to the Aerial Treetop Adventure park + unlimited mountain biking with the Apex Summer Pass for $199 (ages 7 and over) per person.
Winter at West Mountain
West Mountain has been family-owned and operated since day one.
An established ski community with a family-friendly atmosphere, West Mountain is the choice for an authentic upstate experience on the mountain. Nestled at the foot of the Adirondack Mountains and conveniently located off I-87, West Mountain offers a quick drive to downhill satisfaction.
From new chairlifts and expanded terrain, to 100% snowmaking capabilities, West Mountain continues to evolve to and meet the needs of families as well as skiing and riding loyalists. With learn-to-lessons, after-school programs, night skiing, snow tubing and alpine ski racing programs, West Mountain provides the place for family fun and an exhilarating experience.
West Mountain is the year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts seeking convenience, affordability and a real Adirondack adventure.