Home of the Good Shepherd's Saratoga Residence & Memory Care Residence are two neighboring senior housing communities in Saratoga Springs, NY. They offer assisted living, enhanced assisted living, and memory care in a warm and home-like environment.
About Home of the Good Shepherd
Home of the Good Shepherd has served the Saratoga Springs community since 1870, earning a reputation for providing the highest level of skilled and attentive care for residents and families. Each one of their senior housing residences in the area is locally-operated, not-for-profit, and affiliated with Saratoga's own Bethesda Episcopal Church.
The guiding principlce for Home of the Good Shepherd is to enhance the quality of life for their residents and to promote independence and individuality. They are renowned for giving superior quality, professional care in an assisted living environment.
Two Saratoga Springs Residences
The organization operates two communities in the City of Saratoga Springs: the Saratoga Residence at 400 Church Street and the Memory Care Residence at 390 Church Street. Residents at both communities are able to enjoy all the comforts at home while their specific needs are taken care of by the dedicated and experienced staff. At each location, staff members are on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ready to assist with everything from dressing to bathing, oral care, general hygiene, and more.
The Saratoga Residence has three floor plans for their private suites, and the Memory Care Residence has four floor plans.
While the Saratoga Residence offers assisted living and enhanced assisted living services, the Memory Care Residence offers both plus special memory care services. Here is a breakdown of what each type of service includes:
- A continuum of care allowing residents to "age in place"
- RN on-site and customized care plans for each resident
- Medication management
- Three freshly prepared meals each day
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Many fun and exciting social activities
Enhanced Assisted Living:
- All of the features and services of assisted living
- Skilled nursing tasks
- Assistance with ambulation and transferring, bood glucose monitoring, and catheter/foley care
- Assistance with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) including bathing, showering and feeding
- High staff-to-resident ratio with RN Care Managers and LPNs available around the clock, along with resident aides who are trained in Alzheimer's and dementia care
- A unique program that emphasizes communication strategies that utilize the five senses to connect with memory care residents
- A compassionate staff that will keep their residents safe and comforted by managing behavioral changes in a calm, tranquil environment
Want to learn more? Call the Saratoga Residence at 518-450-7360 or the Memory Care Residence at 518-584-3317.