Sharing the Fire - Storytelling Conference and Performances
Sharing the Fire (STF) – the Northeast Storytelling Conference is the place to come to experience the best tellers in the Northeast. Take in a storytelling concert or two or spend the whole weekend with us. For storytellers and those interested in learning how to tell stories, the weekend of workshops provides unmatched professional and personal development opportunities. Visit nestorytelling.org
Join us at the historic Gideon Putnum for an unmatched weekend of amazing storytelling.
Friday, April 3
- 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Intensive Workshops
- 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm: Transformations - A Storytelling Performance by Sherry Norfolk
- Sherry Norfolk will make you laugh, cry and shiver with a potpurri of magical, spiritual, humorous and scary folktales, including the Appalachian Hansel & Gretel and a personal story related to telling Hansel & Gretel in an Atlanta homeless shelter.
Saturday, April 4
- 9:00 am - 10:15 am: Keynote by Sherry Norfolk - Storyteller, Story Worker
- As storytellers, we can be so much more than just performing artists – we can be proactively, consciously, intentionally making a difference. Where and how is this work being done? Who is doing it? What is being accomplished? Where do you fit in as a storyteller and a story worker?
- 10:30 am - 5:00 pm: Workshops
- 10:30 am - 5:00 pm: Storytelling Performances - Stories Galore
- 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm: Olio - Storytelling Concert
Sunday, April 5
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am: Workshops
- 11:00 am - 12noon: Storytelling Performances by Children at the Well