Grab the kids and head to the Peerless Pool Complex in the Saratoga Spa State Park! Enjoy three different pool areas including the Main Pool, Kiddie Pool, and Water Slides, and restored facilities, including a historic bathhouse!
Peerless Pool 2020 Hours:
- Open Daily: July 3 - September 7, 2020, from 10:00am-6:00pm
Note: There is no fee to use the Peerless Pool. However, there are still vehicle entrance fees into the park.
2020 Vehicle Entrance Fee Into Saratoga Spa State Park:
- $10 per vehicle
- Special event vehicle use fee: $10
- Non-profit buses: $35
- Commercial buses: $75
- Non-profit seasonal bus permit: $150
- May 2 - 23, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (weekends)
- May 23 - September 7, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (daily, except for special events)
- September 7 - October 12, 2020: 8:30am - 4:30pm (weekends and holidays)
2020 Social Distancing Guidelines for the Pools
For the 2020 season, the Victoria Pool and the Peerless Pool are operating at a reduced capacity. Guests are asked to stay home if you are sick or have recently visited a state with a surge in the coronavirus.
The following social distancing guidelines are also in effect:
- Visitors will be asked to sign-in with contact information to enable potential contact tracing measures.
- Pool capacity will be limited to 50 percent to help maintain 6-feet of distance in the water between swimmers who are not members of the same household or family unit.
- Lounge chairs, benches, and picnic tables will be kept 10-feet apart from others.
- Face coverings or masks must be worn at all times in interior building spaces, including partially enclosed or covered outdoor areas; and at times outside (except in the pool) if social distancing cannot or is unlikely to be maintained.
- No group gatherings of 10 people or more will be allowed.
- For more info, contact the park directly at (518) 584-2535.
About the Peerless Pool Complex
The main pool is a football field-sized swimming pool that was built in 1962. This huge rubber-bottomed pool has a zero-depth entrance, which simply means that the little ones can sit or stand in the shallow water at the very end of the pool and splash around. Lifeguards are on duty.
The smaller kiddie/baby pool at Peerless Pool Complex is perfect for small children with wading depth water of 1 foot deep. Within this pool is a large, mushroom-shaped fountain for the kids to run beneath. There is a separate lifeguard on duty dedicated to the kiddie pool. Small pool toys are allowed.
For the more adventurous, there is a 19’ winding double waterslide pool for older kids and adults to enjoy. We use the term 'pool' loosely here as this area is not for swimming. The water is 3 feet deep where the slides dump you out, so children need to be big enough to ride. Lifeguards are stationed at the top and bottom of the Peerless Pool water slides.
Peerless Pool is located within Saratoga Spa State Park. Use the northern entrance to the park, and follow the signs to Peerless Pool.
Showers, lockers, restrooms and food concessions are available around the pools.