31st Annual Flurry Festival: February 16-18, 2018
Get ready to enjoy a great weekend of dancing, dipping, and whirling with thousands of other spirited dancers! Each February over President's Day weekend, Saratoga Springs hosts the annual Flurry Festival. The weekend-long festival draws dancers of all ages, abilities, and styles of dance.
Dancers can participate in a variety of workshops and programs designed for all levels of experience, from beginner to advanced. And there's more than just dancing! The festival also includes an array of performances, singing, concerts, jamming, storytelling, vendors, and more. It's the perfect event to bring your dancing and non-dancing friends with you! Don't miss it!
What to Expect
- Family events
*Workshops will be available for beginner, intermediate, and experienced-level dancers.
- Ron Blechner - Contra & Square Caller
- Casey Carr - Contradance Caller
- Lisa Greenleaf - Contra Caller
- Bob Isaacs - Contra, Square & Grid Square Caller
- Sarah Van Norstrand - Contra Caller
- Buddy System - Techno Contra Dance Band
- Clayfoot Strutters - New England Contradance Jam Band Fusion
- ContraPositive - Contra Dance Band
- Eloise & Co - Contra Dance Band
- Nova - Contra Dance Band
- Pete's Posse - Traditional Contra Dance Band
- Set American - Quebecois - Beg. Contra Dance
- Jay Unger & Molly Mason - Classic Americana, Couples Dances & Contras
- Brian & Samantha Lawton - Swing Dance Instructors
- Dewitt Fleming & Vintage Gold - Jazz and Tap Dance Trio
- Fried Bananas - Blues, Swing, and Lindy
- The Gals Who Play Jazz - All Female Swing Dance Band
- Glenn Crytzer's New Yorkers - Swing & Lindy Band
- The Graham Tichy Band - Sock Hop Rock and Roll
- The Piggly Wigglies - Swing from the Capital District
- Annie & Jonny Rosen - Vintage Americana Jazz & Blues
- Melanie Axel-Lute - English Country Dance Caller
- Brad Foster - English Country Dance Caller
- Mary Jones - English Country Dance Caller
- Joanna Reiner - English Country Dance Caller
- Heartsease - English Country Dance Band
- Hold the Mustard - English Country Dance Band
- CJ Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band - Zydeco from Southwest Louisiana
- The Green Mountain Playboys With Rosie Newton - Cajun Dance Band
International - Latin/Scandinavian/African/Etc
- Michael Ginsburg - Balkan Dance Leader
- MerakKef Express - Balkan Dance Band
- Jorge Gomez & Alta Havana - Cuban Dance Band
- Anna Patton & Andrew VanNorstrand - Couples Dances
- Jeremy Carter-Gordon - French Bal Folk Instructor
- Becky Tracy & Rachel Bell - French Bal Folk Band
- Lydia & Andrea - Scandinavian Country Dance Band
- Lois New - Scottish Country Dance Caller
- The Turning Stiel - Scottish Country Dance Band
- Spare Parts - Tango & Couple Dance Band
- Vanaver Caravan - World Dances and Music
Family/Song/Storytelling/Drum & More
- Peter & Mary Alice Amidon - Song & Dance Leaders
- Joseph Bruchac - Native American Stories & Dances
- M'Bemba Bangoura - African Drumming Leader
- Reggie Harris - African American Stories & Songs
- Ivy Vine Players - Storytelling With Puppetry
- Gretchen Koehler - Fiddle Styles Instructor
- Joakim Lartey - African Storytelling & Drumming
- New York Suffragettes - Women's Movement History
- Ashok Ramasubramanian - Storytelling Workshop Leader
- Paul Rosenberg - Family Dance Leader
- The Storycrafters - Award Winning Storytellers
- Windborne - Four-Part Harmony Traditional Vocals
More performers are expected to be added to the lineup!
Tickets & Prices
Tickets for the 2018 Flurry are not yet available. Check back soon!
- No credit cards - cash, check, or money order only. Checks are to be made out to DanceFlurry Organization. An ATM is available in the hotel lobby.
- No refunds, exchanges, or upgrades.
- At the door tickets are always available.
- Tickets are sold as Day, Night, All Day, or Full-Festival only; there are no tickets for single dance/workshop events.
- Discounts apply for teens, students, military, seniors, and DanceFlurry Organization members.
Ticket Booth Hours at the City Center Lobby
- Friday the 16th: 5:40pm to 11:15pm
- Saturday the 17th: 8:30am to 11pm
- Sunday the 18th: 8:30am to 4pm